We usually collect personal information directly from you. Sometimes we collect or confirm this information from a third party such as a credit reporting body. We will use reasonable efforts to obtain your consent to do this. We collect personal information that includes details such as your:
- Date of birth
- Contact details (such as phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses)
- Details of the credit card or bank account from which payments to us will be made Identity verifications details such as your driver’s license or Passport number
- Records of use from the services we provide you or your business
- Records of communications between you or your business and us relating to the services we provide you
- Billing statements
If you choose not to provide us with certain personal information (e.g. your driver’s license number) we may not be able to provide you with the services you require or the plan you have requested. Vicwest Community Enterprise Ltd trading as Vicwest Community Telco™ ABN 15 140 604 039 A franchise of the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group. In some cases, we may need to collect sensitive information about you (such as health related information). We will first seek your consent to collect such information where we are required to do so. As part of our business operations we also collect personal information from other individuals such as non-corporate suppliers. Where you are not a customer of ours you may still seek confirmation as to whether we hold information in relation to you. When you visit our websites, either we or our service provider will record information (such as your computer’s IP address and top level domain name, the type of browser you are using, the date, time and pages accessed) in relation to your visit for statistical purposes. This information is collected as aggregated data and the user remains anonymous. We do not attempt to identify users of our websites except where we specifically ask for your personal information, which includes online ordering and online services that we provide.
Use and disclosure
We use your personal information in order to:
- Provide you with telecommunications products and services (including situations where we are an agent for another product issuer)
- Supply services and equipment to you
- Identify you and to assess your application for service
- Assist you with your queries or concerns (including for investigation or resolution of disputes relating to any services or equipment provided to you);
- Issue you with invoices and to collect fees and any other debts you owe to us in connection with our agreement
- For the purposes of preventing fraud or any other illegal activity
- Comply with any legal or regulatory obligations imposed on us
- Perform our necessary business functions (such as internal audit investigations, performance reporting, research, product development and planning).
Disclosure to overseas recipients
In some cases, your personal information may be disclosed to organisations overseas. Where an organisation is located overseas we will either take reasonable steps to ensure that it complies with Australian privacy laws or we will seek your consent to the disclosure.
Access and correction
In most cases you can gain access to your personal information held by us. We will also take reasonable steps to amend or correct your personal information to keep it accurate and up-to-date. Please contact us if you would like to access or request a correction of your personal information (see ‘Contacting us’ below).
Opting out of product promotions
You can opt out of receiving direct marketing material at any time by contacting us (see ‘Contacting us’ below). If you do opt out, we will continue to provide information in relation to your existing accounts or facilities only (including new features or products related to these accounts/facilities).
Storage and security of your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep the personal information that we hold about you secure to ensure that it is protected from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. Vicwest Community Enterprise Ltd trading as Vicwest Community Telco™ ABN 15 140 604 039 A franchise of the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group Your personal information is stored within secure systems that are protected in controlled facilities. Our employees and authorised agents are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Changes to this policy
Vicwest Community Telco Australia Unit 3, 2-6 Rutland Street Newtown VIC 3220 39 Peel Street North, Ballarat Vic 3350 Tel: 1300 835 261
Further information about privacy
You can find more information about privacy (including information about specific issues, answers to frequently asked questions and links to the 13 Australian Privacy Principles) on the Office of the Privacy Commissioner’s website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/
Date of Publication – March 2014